What is it? Functional Medicine (FM) is an evidence based physiologic approach to treat
underlying causes of chronic disease. It is not a “band aid approach” to treat symptoms.
Dr. Lisa uses a “Lifestyle” approach combining food plans, exercise, stress management and
supplements to formulate protocols that are designed for your individual history and
baseline lab testing.
What are common issues addressed by FM?
- Adrenal Dysfunction (i.e. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Cushings, Addison’s diseases)
- Leaky Gut (GERD, IBS, Constipation, Inflammatory Bowel disorders, etc.)
- Metabolic Issues (DM, Hyperlipidemia, HTN, Liver issues, etc.)
- Sleep Disturbance
- Neurotransmitter Issues (mood swings, anxiety, panic attacks)
- Autoimmune Disease (RA, Eczema, Psoriasis, Lupus, etc.)
- Chronic Pain